May 28, 2012

Updated Wish List


Hey! So just thought I would do an updated wish list since I have been getting some requests for things I need.  I have added and changed some of the items listed on the other wish list.  Again, just want to stress letters are my favorite so do not feel the need to add anything.  However, I have gotten a bunch of packages and so far they have all arrived safely with no issues at customs.  So whatever is cheapest to send (box, envelope, flat rate boxes seem to be the best for weight) will work and just remember not to declare anything expensive or valuable on the customs sheet you fill out.  Here's my address and some suggestions.  If you have any questions about what or how to send stuff, feel free to talk to my mom, Lanett Gaffney.  

Stephanie Gaffney, PCV
Peace Corps Volunteer
P.O. Box 218
Masasi Town, Mtwara
Tanzania

I really appreciate all the goodies and love from home that I have received so far! It really makes being far away so much easier to hear from you guys and have some comforts from home. So THANK YOU SO MUCH! I know it looks like a lot, but know these are all things that I do not necessarily need; everything I need I can get here.  I appreciate all the love and help so much and love and miss you all tons!! xoxoxo

Items That are Always Good to Have

·         Candy (sour watermelons, small ones for kids, and I started to like chocolate a lot now!)
·         Kleenex packets
·         Wet wipes (travel and normal packs)
·         Push-pins (they are great for hanging up pictures/ decor on my walls)
·         Crayons (can never have enough for kids)
·         Color books
·         Gum (hard shell works better so it doesn’t melt)
·         Pictures, drawing, art for reminders of home and memories
·         Magazines (People, National Geographic, Yoga, Running, anything with American and CA stuff)
·         Anything that shows history/information on America/Americans (Tanzanians love to learn how our countries are similar and different, especially about what we grow and eat, also they cannot believe there are people that aren't blonde and blue-eyed so pictures of diversity is good too)
·         Pens
·         Learning cards/games (i.e. flash cards with pictures, word games- they love these)
·         Playing cards (UNO, younger kid games)
·         Mac and Cheese, cheese powder like Parmesan, world market cheese (I miss cheese!)
·         Bouillon cubes, spices to season things (i.e. chili, cumin, oregano, basil, etc.)
·         Laundry soap packets (i.e. Tide) maybe my laundry can smell like home!
·         Perfume/ body  sprays
·         Inscents
·         Chapstick with SPF
·         St. Ives face wash (travel and regular size)
·         Face sunscreen
·         Venus razor replacements
·         Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Soap
·         Protein bars/ granola bars (Mojo Cliff Bars, Luna, etc)
·         Coffee/ Tea
·         Nuts/ trail mix & dried fruit
·         Hand sanitizer travel sized



Other Random Items

·         Regular and travel deodorant (Degree, solid not gel)
·         Salad dressing packets (soy sauce, balsamic, olive oil- someone got packets from Subway sent…)
·         Lavender mist/oil 
·         Body lotion (vanilla or coconut scent- miss my Bath and Body Works smells)
·         Body wash/gel  (same scents)
·         Colorful sharpies
·         Chicken/Tuna/Salmon packets/ beef jerky (grosses me out but a lot of people say they’re great and its some sources of protein)
·         Soup mixes
·         Cake/ baking mixes
·         Sriracha hot sauce (I’m almost out and it makes rice and beans so much better)
·         Anything from TJs or World Market food items (my friend had a package sent with many items in jars and what not stuffed inside cardboard tubes that made it here safely)
  • cheese, salsa, hot sauce, whole wheat flour, wheat pasta, pasta sauce, mixes, olive oil, balsamic, parmesan cheese powder, black beans, whole grains, quinoa, couscous, lentils, coffee, tea, etc. 
·         Tooth brushes, tooth paste
·         Protein or soy powder/mixes
·         Friendship bracelet string 
·         Cotton T-shirts (not see-through or too thin, but cheap is good Forever 21, Gap, wherever)
·         Maps/ American History/Teaching aide stuff to share with everyone- they really don’t have any idea about our food, the diversity of people, etc


Thanks so much for any letters and packages!! Again, I know packages are expensive so please, please don't feel like you need to send anything more than a nice note/letter to me :) xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment